Ode to MyTeachers

This teachers' day I can't but help remember my teachers.

All those who have painstakingly hand held me all my life. Those that I loved and even those that I hated, then. But now I know how much they eventually contributed towards my love for perfection.

Pic Courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/Unchainedreamz.co.in/
My english teacher from my Seventh Grade, Suvina Aunty... who I admired... she was the one who gave me my confidence to write. That I am conversant in English is all thanks to her.

I will never forget the my last day in my school in Kolkata when I went to meet my teachers, and when my math teacher, Dolly Aunty, told my mom, just when she was shaping up well you are taking her away.
My eyes welled up with tears of pride and accomplishment. Ever since, I took it upon myself to excel in Math... Coz my Math teacher thought I could.

How I managed to learn Hindi in for the first time in my 9th Standard when I went to Chennai. Fatima miss... how she would sit with me everyday after school to help me with hindi. Today when I speak hindi most people can't tell I am a Bengali.

When I went back to my school after 20 yrs... with my best friend from college, she was surprised to see the love my teachers still had for me. It is only mutual. Those that I respected and loved... help me stay motivated. Those that I didn't, kept me determined.

Everyday is a learning experience. Every human being is a teacher. Some teach you what to do. Some teach you what not to. We should remember that even when we don't realize... we are being watched. Be that teacher who teaches people what to do. Don't be the one to teach what not to do.

Happy Teacher's Day all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Crazy Me

A note of apprecitation

What not to ask an IAF wife